The Best Way To Get Rid Of An Ant Infestation In Your Manteca Home
September 15, 2022
Depending on the species, ants can be a nuisance pest, a health hazard, or a danger to your property. Regardless of the risks, pest control in Manteca can help keep these insects out of your home and away from your property. Here's what you need to know about the signs of an ant infestation, the problems ants cause, limitations of DIY pest control, and the best way to eliminate ants in Manteca.
Signs Of An Ant Infestation In Your House
The most easy-to-spot sign of an ant infestation in your home is an ant. These insects are social creatures, and where you find one, there are no doubt many more in hiding. Ants will often move freely in and out of homes, so whether you are seeing them inside your home or in the yard, they should be addressed. Places you are most likely to find ants include:
- Basements, kitchens, bathrooms
- Near drains
- Under large appliances
- Inside wall voids
- Behind cabinets
- Under mulch, rocks, and fallen trees
If you are spotting ants in these or other areas, it's time to take a stand to prevent the issues ants create in homes.
All The Issues Ants Can Create In Your Home
Different kinds of ants can cause different issues in your home. Some are nuisance species, while others cause property damage or health risks. Some of the ants that are likely to invade Manteca properties include:
- Argentine ants: While these ants don't necessarily bring health risks or damage property, they are known for their extremely large colonies. Sheer numbers make this species more of a concern for your property.
- Carpenter ants: As their name suggests, carpenter ants make their living in wood. They hollow out areas to nest and create their colonies. Left untreated, this can lead to significant structural issues.
- Fire ants: This aggressive species is known for its painful stings. They work together to protect their nest and often attack in swarms.
- Odorous house ants: These ants are also aptly named. They produce an intense rotten odor when they are crushed.
- Pharaoh ants: Common indoor invaders, pharaoh ants spread disease-causing pathogens.
- Velvet ants: Not as aggressive as fire ants, velvet ants can still deliver a painful sting when disturbed.
While different ants cause different issues, none of them are welcome in Manteca homes. It's important to find effective ant control for your property.
Why DIY Ant Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
With species like ants, it can be easy to assume that DIY ant treatments are enough to control populations. Unfortunately, this is seldom the case. Many over-the-counter pesticides aren't that effective, and even those that are need to be correctly placed to eliminate the entire infestation or ants will simply repopulate their nests. Another issue with ants is that they often have multiple colonies, and it can be difficult to root out all of these sources of new ants.
Finally, the sheer size of ants makes them difficult to control with DIY methods. Most species are so small that they are able to easily move in and out of our homes through the smallest cracks and crevices. It doesn't take much to provide ants with a highway into our homes. Gaps around doors and windows, damaged screens, and openings around utilities are all easy access points for these pests.
Contact The Professionals For Total Ant Control For Your Home
The best way to control ants in Manteca is with professional solutions from Next Generation Pest Control. Our expert technicians know and understand local ant species, and we will take the time to get to know you and understand the pest control needs of your property. If you are looking for safe and effective pest control solutions that are customized to meet your needs, Next Generation Pest Control is the answer. Call today to request your free inspection or to get started with residential pest control in Manteca.