The Trick To Getting Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Manteca Home
November 15, 2022
Not only are cockroaches one of the most difficult pests to get rid of, but they are also one of the most dangerous to have in your home. In fact, these pests are one of the main reasons people seek professional pest control in Manteca, as roaches are unfortunately abundant here. Most people think having a dirty home is the key to having an infestation. However, that is untrue; anyone is at risk of an infestation because cockroaches congregate wherever there are people. That’s why Next Generation Pest Control is here to help with our superior pest control services to keep your home free from cockroaches today. Read on to learn more!
Types Of Cockroaches That Commonly Invade Manteca Homes
There are several different types of cockroaches that invade Manteca homes. Below are the most common types:
- American cockroaches: This is the largest species, and can grow up to three inches long. Both males and females have wings, allowing them to easily travel around your home. They typically choose the warmest, most humid areas of your home to set up shop.
- Oriental cockroach: Also known also known as "water bugs," these roaches have smooth, shiny bodies, and are typically dark brown or black in color. Oriental roaches have a distinctive, musty smell that people describe as "powerful" and "unpleasant."
- German cockroaches: Usually tan in color with a white horizontal stripe running across their body, these are one of the more common types of roaches. While both males and females have wings, they are unlikely to use them to fly around. The roaches in your kitchen and pantry are most likely German roaches.
There are many other types of cockroaches in Manteca, but you are most likely to see these types in your home. If you spot any of them, don’t hesitate; reach out to Next Generation Pest Control for help today!
Why Cockroaches In Your Home Is A Major Health Risk
The main reason it is so important to get rid of cockroaches is because of the major health risk they pose to you and your family. Cockroaches carry more than 60 pathogenic bacteria, fungi, molds, parasitic worms, and viruses, causing:
- E. coli infections: This is a gastrointestinal disease that is marked by severe stomach cramping, diarrhea (that can be bloody), and severe vomiting. You can also experience a fever that takes five to seven days to clear up.
- Listeria: The most severe gastrointestinal disease, the symptoms can include fever, muscle aches, confusion, loss of balance, a stiff neck, and convulsions. This is spread as roaches crawl over your counters and other places you prepare food.
- Asthma and allergies: In addition to the many different diseases and illnesses roaches can cause, their saliva, feces, and shedding body parts can also trigger asthma and allergies in people. This happens because the allergens act like dust mites, aggravating existing symptoms when they are kicked up in the air.
If you find a cockroach in your house, it’s likely you already have a serious infestation. Don’t wait. Give the professionals at Next Generation Pest Control a call for help and protect you and your family from harmful diseases.
Why DIY Cockroach Control Is A Waste Of Time And Money
You might be tempted to try over-the-counter pest control for roaches. Unfortunately, none of the products you can buy are going to address the problem at its core. Not only are roaches evolved enough to survive the chemicals in these DIY methods, but killing a few adults does not stop your infestation. Cockroaches are some of the fastest reproducers in the pest kingdom, and even if you manage to kill a few, there are always more.
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Roaches In Your Home
The team at Next Generation Pest Control will arrive on scene armed with the most advanced tools and treatments available on the professional market. Our service technicians root out the source of your infestation and eliminate it there, ensuring no eggs are left over to continue the infestation. For complete cockroach control, give us a call today!