What are birds?
Many different birds find their way onto our Manteca, CA yards, usually searching for food or roosting spots. Some are harmless and just flutter around your yard and are sweet to look at. Others pose bigger issues and are very problematic to have on your property.
Pest birds have learned that our properties provide them with food, water, and shelter, and they won’t hesitate to take advantage of those resources. Once they find a property that will give them their basic needs, they will continue to return until they are forced not to.
Some of the most common pest birds we deal with include:
Are birds dangerous?
Controlling pest birds and not letting them take over your property is important for many reasons; some of the most important are below.
- Birds, bird droppings, and bird nests have the potential to transmit bacteria, fungus, parasites, and other pathogens that make people ill.
- The droppings that birds produce are acidic and stain and corrode roofing and building materials.
- Bird nests pose a fire risk when built near exterior lights or large pieces of electrical equipment.
- Bird droppings contaminate pools, spas, and ornamental water features.
- As birds forage for food in your lawn, gardens, or trash cans, they will cause damage and create unsightly messes.
- Pest birds can drive away the small songbirds that you don’t mind hanging around your property.
- Woodpeckers will cause damage to trees or the exterior of homes and businesses.
Why do I have a bird problem?
Birds won’t hesitate to make your yard, home, or business into a nesting or roosting site. Properties that provide them with easy access to food are most appealing:
- Trash cans or dumpsters
- Fruit trees
- Outdoor eating areas
- Bird feeders
Pest birds that have moved into a home or other structure take up residence inside attics, chimneys, roof eaves, rafters, and behind wall voids.
Light fixtures, ventilation systems, and electrical equipment are other places on our homes and businesses that these birds call home.
Where will I find birds?
Pests birds live wherever people live, whether that be smack in the middle of a city, in a suburban neighborhood, in farm country, or the middle of a rural mountain region. Pest birds can become a problem for anyone on any property!
How do I get rid of birds?
Get rid of pest birds from your Manteca property the right way, with the help of the experts at Next Generation Pest Control! Our professionals will work with you to remove the birds, sanitize affected areas, and install exclusion materials to keep pest birds from settling on your structure. Our professionals will take the time to know you and understand your exact pest control needs. Through our customized pest control solutions, you can be sure we will solve your pest problem as safely and effectively as possible.
To learn more about our comprehensive residential or commercial pest control solutions, including our bird control services, reach out to Next Generation Pest Control today!
How can I prevent birds in the future?
We have put together a list of tips that you can utilize to make your property less attractive to birds and prevent future problems with these pests.
- Trim tree branches back away from your roofline.
- Place metal sheeting over siding that woodpeckers are attacking your home to make them want to move elsewhere.
- Hang objects that are reflective or make noise to scare away birds.
- Use motion-activated sprinkler systems to scare birds away.
- Keep lids on trash cans, recycling bins, and compost bins and regularly harvest fruits and vegetables from gardens to stop birds from foraging for food on your property.
- Keep outdoor eating areas and parking lots free of food debris.
- Never feed wild birds; remove bird feeders from your yard.
Our Manteca Pest Control Services
Recent Blog Articles
Don't let termites eat away at your peace. Learn the most effective strategies for termite control in Manteca. From early signs to professional solutions.Read More
Are you struggling to remove termites from your Manteca property? Keep reading for advice on proven techniques for successful termite control.Read More
Struggling to keep wasps away from your Manteca home? Our new guide can help. It explains easy methods for deterring these pests and keeping them away.Read More