Quality Pest Control Solutions In Ripon, CA
Nestled in California’s central San Joaquin Valley, the small city of Ripon is considered a gem with a high quality of living. Surrounded by state parks, the Stanislaus River, and highway access to the mountains, Ripon is built for outdoor adventurers who love a taste of city life. Being located in central California means little rain and warm temperatures throughout the year, with a saturation of heat in the spring and summer. Along with the modestly warm climate comes a host of pests that could be knocking at your door on any given day.
That’s where Next Generation Pest Control comes in. We are a proud veteran and family-owned business that is fully suited to handle all of your pest control needs. Whether you’re a growing family or a growing business, we will work with you to find a solution that fits your specific needs; we guarantee it.
Home Pest Control In Ripon, CA
Pests can put a damper on your daily life by causing significant damage to your property as well as your health. With over 60 years combined experience, our team can handle any pest that presents itself. Our team of licensed technicians keep you and your family safe from pests like bed bugs, stinging insects, rodents, wildlife, termites, mosquitoes, ticks, and ants with treatments that are environmentally safe and cause minimal interruption to your life.
You can feel comfortable choosing to work with us because we’re a full-service, locally owned and operated company that offers same-day residential pest control services that we stand by. At Next Generation Pest Control, our customers come first. Contact us today to get started on keeping your home pest-free!
Commercial Pest Control In Ripon, CA
As small business owners ourselves, we know how big a bump in the road can feel. A pest infestation can put the safety of your staff and clients at risk while causing lost wages, lost reputation, and property damage. Luckily, there’s an answer.
Our dedicated, thorough team works with the likes of restaurants, schools, healthcare facilities, warehouses, office buildings, and retail stores to keep them free of:
- Bed bugs
- Stinging insects
We know that every situation is unique, which is why we work closely with business owners and their staff to develop and implement commercial pest treatment plans that will provide lasting results. Additionally, we provide our commercial clients with regularly scheduled maintenance visits to ensure that treated pests don’t return, as well as prevent any potential issues from developing. When you work with Next Generation Pest Control, you have a partner in safety. Call us today to get the process to a pest-free business started.
What Do German Cockroaches In Ripon Look Like?
Cockroaches are a tenacious pest as a family, however, the German cockroach is a particularly sturdy opponent. Did you know that the German cockroach can live for up to a week without their head? That’s not a fact that many other pests can boast, but it’s an important one in understanding the enemy.
Here are a few identifying characteristics to help Ripon homeowners understand if they have German cockroaches in their home:
- Color: This type of roach is tan to light brown in coloring and their shells have an almost luminescent effect. Additionally, they have two dark parallel stripes that run the length of their backs.
- Size: German cockroaches measure anywhere between ½ to ⅝ of an inch in length, not counting their antennae.
- Habitat: If your property is warm and humid, you may be attracting German cockroaches. They tend to live around sources of food and moisture and are most frequently found in kitchens and bathrooms.
This crafty pest presents dangers such as spreading E. coli and salmonella and is nearly impossible to get rid of on your own. For German cockroach control treatment that you can trust, contact the professionals at Next Generation Pest Control today!
Five Spider Prevention Methods For Homeowners In Ripon
While most spiders don’t present much danger to humans, they are an unwanted pest nonetheless. Spiders can spin webs that are a nuisance themselves as well as attracting other pests, so ensuring that your Ripon home doesn’t become their shelter is key.
Here are five ways to prevent spiders from making your home their home:
- Prevent other pests. Because spiders prey on smaller pests and insects, if you notice the presence of spiders, then you probably have another pest problem of some sort. Prevent both spiders and their prey from entering your home by using weatherproofing, sealing up cracks and crevices, keeping a hygienic environment, and storing all food and trash securely.
- Remove spider webs. A web is a spider’s refuge and they take time and effort to construct. By sweeping up webs regularly, you’re removing a spider’s home and displacing them until they get the hint.
- Try sticky traps. This type of trap is aimed at being more ethical than some other traps and will keep your pest alive long enough to identify it and remove it. Try placing them around vents, windows, HVAC units and any other places where spiders and pests may be entering your home.
- Clear yard debris and related clutter. Spiders love a good mess to hide and stalk their prey, so clearing any brush around your property is key for taking away a spider’s ideal outdoor habitat.
- Replace outdoor lighting. Did you know that incandescent bulbs actually attract spiders and pests of all kinds? Opt for yellow LED lights outside, as they actively repel spiders.
Spiders in your Ripon home implies other pests, so working to prevent both is equally important. Contact the professionals at Next Generation Pest Control today to keep your home free of spiders and pests!
Why Pest Birds Can Be Dangerous In Ripon
Pest birds loiter around Ripon homes and places of business, searching for places to take up shelter and for sustenance. Unfortunately, most properties give birds exactly what they need, which is why so many residents find themselves dealing with these types of issues. Pest birds usually chirp and coo incessantly, which can be a nuisance and create discomfort for many people; however, they can be far more dangerous as well.
One of the most significant risks that come with having a pest bird population present is the health risks that come from their droppings. Bird feces can lead to histoplasmosis, psittacosis, and Newcastle disease. In the case of histoplasmosis, it is caused by the spread of fungus and spores that spread through the air and infect lungs. Pest birds are also linked with avian tuberculosis, various encephalitis diseases, and salmonellosis, as well as the spread of parasites like ticks and lice.
Another key issue that is associated with having pest birds is property damage, which is usually caused by their nests. Birds usually use dry materials, but when nests are built around electrical wiring, they can cause fires to erupt. Birds can also roost inside of attics, which can damage insulation and spread fecal issues inside as well.
For more information on pest bird control in Ripon, call Next Generation Pest Control today.
Is There Anything I Can Do To Avoid Bed Bugs In Ripon?
While bed bugs are one of the more difficult pests that you might have to deal with, they are completely preventable. To start, you can avoid bringing bed bugs into your Ripon home by performing scrupulous inspections of any used furniture that you plan to decorate with. Whether you pick something up off of a curb or purchase it at a secondhand store, always look for signs of bed bug activity and try to get as much information about the piece’s previous whereabouts. Bed bugs can live in the depths of sofas and beds, as well as nightstands and cabinets.
You can also look for signs of bed bugs if you stay at a hotel or go to the movie theaters because bed bugs thrive wherever there is access to people and a place to hide, so these are common places where they live. If you’ve traveled, store your clothes in a sealed bag and wash and dry them on the highest setting when you get home. It might also prove helpful to seal up cracks in your home’s foundation or use weather stripping to fill gaps around doors, particularly if you live in an apartment building, because bed bugs can easily spread between neighbors. Lastly, you can always contact a pest control professional for help eliminating or preventing bed bugs. For more information on bed bug control in Ripon, call Next Generation Pest Control today.
How To Keep Fleas Out Of Your Ripon Home
Fleas in Ripon can create serious health issues if they invade your home, but with a few simple steps, that doesn’t have to be the case:
- If you have pets, consider speaking with a vet about year-round flea prevention. It’s also important to inspect pets after they’ve been outside, especially for outdoor cats and dogs that come in contact with other animals at the dog park. Wash your pets’ bedding regularly as well.
- Create a tidy yard free from hiding spots by mowing regularly, never overwatering plants, trimming back hedges, and getting rid of yard debris.
- Inspect your personal belongings after you’ve spent time outdoors and always clean outdoor gear thoroughly.
- Keep wildlife off of your property as best you can by securely storing outdoor garbage, using porch lights at night, and turning on sprinklers.
- Vacuum and dust on a regular basis to limit any potential issues.
- Contact a pest control professional for help preventing and eliminating fleas.
For more information on high-quality flea control in Ripon, contact Next Generation Pest Control today.
Tips For Treating Painful Stings In Ripon
Stinging insects in Ripon zip around properties looking for a place to build their home and some sweet foods to eat. Unfortunately, many species of stinging insects are also very aggressive and territorial, which is how people regularly get stung. If you do encounter a wasp, bee, or hornet, try the following tips to soothe a sting:
- Start by moving away from the area where you got stung to avoid encountering more pests. Next, remove the stinger in its entirety. You might need tweezers to achieve this.
- Wash the sting site thoroughly with soap and water. You may also want to apply a cold compress for at least 15 minutes to reduce swelling.
- If you get stung in your arm or leg, elevate your extremity.
- You may also want to apply hydrocortisone cream and take an antihistamine and pain reliever to reduce swelling and irritation.
- If you experience fever, vomiting, difficulty breathing, or excessive swelling, contact a medical professional.
For more information on Ripon stinging insect prevention and seasonal control, call Next Generation Pest Control today.