Pest Control In Salinas, California
Famous for its two billion dollar agricultural industry, the city of Salina, CA, is known as the “Salad Bowl of the World”. It’s safe to say that the last thing you’d want to discover in your salad is an irksome little pest, right? Unfortunately, Salina is home to pest activity all year long, and that puts local homes and businesses in danger of experiencing pest infestation. If you’re looking for dependable pest protection, you’ve come to the right place.
Welcome to Next Generation Pest Control. We are your Monterey County pest control experts. Our mission is to ensure Salinas remains true to its beauty and continues to shine like a small jewel through our safe and effective residential and commercial pest control services. To have your treatment scheduled, give our team of experts a call today!
Residential Pest Control In Salinas
Your home is supposed to be the very place you can go to and enjoy a pleasant and relaxing evening, but when pests have taken over, your home is anything but relaxing. Having pests inside your home can be highly overwhelming and anxiety-inducing, especially if you fear bugs. Only professional services will be the best option to ensure the elimination of any infestation in your home safely and effectively.
At the sight of a bug in a home, many homeowners quickly grab a can of bug spray or bait traps. While those methods are indeed to kill pests that you actively see, they don’t get to the root cause of why pests are infesting your home or where the nest or breeding grounds are. Continuous use of these temporary solutions will produce quick results leading to pests continually showing up in your home. To stop pests dead in their tracks, you’re going to want to enlist the services of pest professionals.
At Next Generation Pest Control, we have over 60 years of combined experience in the pest control industry, so we know a thing or two (or three) about getting pests out of Salinas homes. We offer same-day and emergency services, plus we back all of our home pest control services with a satisfaction guarantee.
To learn more about how Next Generation Pest Control can safeguard your home, give us a call today!
Commercial Pest Control In Salinas
When it comes to running your business effectively and efficiently, delegation is the name of the game. An article by Forbes Magazine revealed that one of the most common reasons entrepreneurs fail is because they attempt to do everything on their own. It’s understandable; it’s the business you built, and you don’t want to put it in the wrong hands. However, when it comes to anything that threatens your business, like pests in your building, that's a problem many business owners are happy to delegate to pest professionals.
At Next Generation Pest Control, not only do we have the years of experience to handle any infestation your business can throw at us, but we also guarantee all of our services. That’s how confident we are in our technicians and our services, ensuring to go above and beyond to meet your business’s specific pest control needs.
Call today to learn what our commercial pest control services entail and how to get started.
Is There Anything I Can Do To Avoid Bed Bugs In Salinas?
The short answer to this question is absolutely! Contrary to popular belief, bed bugs don’t simply appear in your home because you have a ‘dirty house.’ if you have bed bugs in your home, you brought them there more than likely.
Bed bugs are often thought of as hitchhikers, as they don’t fly or jump but somehow catch rides into the sanctity of our homes. How though? It’s a question that’s puzzled many, but the team at Next Generation Pest Control is here to let you in on how to keep bed bugs out of your home.
Let’s take a look at preventive measures you can take:
- Always inspect the hotel room or accommodation you’re staying at when traveling. Check the bed, baseboards, and other potential hiding spots these pests can be. If you see anything resembling a bed bug, go to a different accommodation altogether.
- If possible, avoid buying used furniture, as bed bugs can hide away in the seams and crevices for long periods without a single blood meal. The moment that piece of furniture enters your home, you have an entire infestation on your hands.
- Never set your personal belongings on the floor of public places, as it gives bed bugs easy access to hitch a ride into your home.
- After staying in a public place or accommodation, even if all your clothes aren’t dirty, go ahead and wash every article of clothing you have and dry them on high heat to ensure any. Make sure there are no signs of bed bugs before putting them back on again or storing them in your closet or drawers.
These are just a few prevention methods you can implement to keep bed bugs out of your home. However, if you find you’re already dealing with an infestation in your home, this is not the time to try out a DIY method you saw on YouTube. You need to contact bed bug professionals to stop the infestation from worsening or spreading to other areas of your home.
At Next Generation Pest Control, we offer same-day and emergency services to help you when you need us the most. Contact us immediately if you even suspect a bed bug infestation in your home.
A Quick Guide To Effective Ant Control For Your Salinas Home
When you see a few ants in your home, whether around your kitchen sink or near your bathroom window, it’s pretty safe to say there’s more where those few came from, and by a few, we’re talking colonies of up to 100,000 members, as ants are social insects.
The question is, how and why are they entering your home? For one, ants are so tiny that they can fit in even the tiniest of cracks to gain access inside your home. Secondly, when ants enter your home, it’s because they’ve found a viable food or water source there. The best way to make your home less attractive to them is with preventive measures.
- Use dehumidifiers in commonly damp areas of your house, like basements, crawl spaces, and bathrooms.
- Inspect your home’s exterior and seal any openings you discover in your foundation, exterior walls, and around utilities.
- Place weatherstripping around windows and doors.
- Ensure the screens in doors and windows fit tight.
- Clean off counters and remove crumbs, sticky debris, and other viable food sources.
- Fix leaky pipes, dripping faucets, and clogged overflowing drains.
- Make sure water isn’t pooling around your foundation.
These preventive measures are effective if you don’t currently have an ant infestation in your home. If you do, only professional services will work since ants invade in numbers. Call Next Generation Pest Control to get rid of your home’s ant infestation.
Types Of Ants In Salinas
Ant infestation is a year-round issue here in California, and there are a variety of ant species that local homeowners and business owners should be aware of around their properties. Here are some of the most common types of ants in Salinas:
- Argentine Ants - These ants tend to live outdoors in moist areas of the soil surrounding your home. They do not bite, nor do they sting. They live in massive colonies and can quickly grow their population until it becomes a large-scale infestation that is impossible to deal with alone.
- Fire Ants - The aggressive ants bite any creature that gets in their way. They release a venom that causes a burning sensation. They like to nest in wide, open areas, and their nests usually appear as sandy mounds in the earth.
- Pavement Ants - These ants live both indoors and outdoors. They tend to burrow under and nest in the pavement of driveways and sidewalks. They can sting, and they can bite as well.
- Pharaoh Ants – These ants measure about 1/16 inch. They are yellow/light brown in color and are almost transparent looking. They infiltrate and contaminate sterile areas and are known to chew holes in silk and nylon fabrics.
If you want to eliminate ant populations around your Salinas property, the smartest thing to do is get help from a team of experienced pest professionals. Call in the experts at Next Generation Pest Control to discuss your ant control and prevention needs today. We’re eager to help you.
Why Feeding The Birds In Salinas Is Not A Good Idea
If you have birds flocking around your property, you may want to feed them, but that’s not a good idea, and we’ll tell you why. When you feed pest birds around your property, you give them an incentive to return. Not only that, but their friends will catch on, and they’ll bring more birds along with them next time.
Feeding birds around your property will only encourage them to keep coming back, and in large numbers, that will make it even more difficult to control their populations moving forward. Food gives birds a reason to return, and that’s why feeding the birds in Salinas is not a good idea.
The most effective way to deal with a bird problem around your Salinas property is to get help from the pest professionals. Reach out to Next Generation Pest Control today to discuss your bird control and prevention needs.
Six Early Warning Signs Of Cockroaches In Your Salinas Home
Before you can address a cockroach infestation, you must be able to detect roach activity. It’s important to be aware of any signs of roach activity so that you can address the problem as soon as possible. Here are six early warning signs of cockroaches in your Salinas home:
- Cockroach feces around the property that look like dark coffee grounds or pepper grindings.
- Egg casings and cockroach eggs found around active areas
- Finding active roaches crawling around your home
- Food packaging with signs of chewing and missing food items
- A musky, unpleasant odor that becomes more pungent as the infestation spreads
- The presence of shed skin found around cockroach harborage areas.
If you detect any signs of cockroach activity, it’s time to call in the pest professionals. The experts at Next Generation Pest Control provide comprehensive cockroach control and prevention services that guarantee lasting results you can trust. Call us today to learn more. We’re here to help.
The Dangers Of Fleas In Your Salinas Home
Fleas are year-round invaders that local property owners should be aware of for their safety. These parasites prefer hairy mammals as their hosts, as it’s easier for fleas to latch onto hair than for them to latch onto bare skin. However, fleas also pose a threat to humans.
When fleas bite their hosts, they can transmit all kinds of pathogens into the bloodstream. The saliva is also known to cause serious flea allergy dermatitis, and it’s linked to the spread of tapeworm in household pets.
Flea infestation spreads fast and can grow out of control quite quickly. A single female flea can produce 400 to 500 offspring in its 100-day lifespan. Once these offspring find a source to feed on, they’ll linger in the area and call in all their friends. This leads to further flea infestation and further exposure to flea-borne illnesses.
Now that you understand the dangers of fleas in your Salinas home, it’s time to secure the proper pest protection. Reach out to the team at Next Generation Pest Control to discuss your flea control and prevention needs today.